'Bow bow bow bow', said the little one pointing his tiny finger towards a picture...
'No, that's not bow bow, its a horse', said his sister
'Bow bow bow ah..'
'Nooooo, this is a bear'
'Bow bow bow bow'
'How many times to tell you, this is not bow bow, it is a monkey. I will not teach you.You can learn by yourself'
'Akka, ummmmmah', said the little one planting a wet kiss on her cheeks.
'Ok ,I will teach you, but you must say correctly' said his sister giggling.
'Bow bow ah'
'Amma look at him, he is not learning correctly'
This was the conversation that took place yesterday between Lil Angel and Lil Dude. She was trying to teach him the animal names and he on the other hand kept telling 'Bow bow'. 'Bow bow' is the name he uses to call a doggie.
Any animal is Bow bow for him.The other day we were watching Jurassic Park on TV and the dinosaur also turned out to be a 'Bow bow'!
His favorite 'bow bow' however is the Vodafone ZooZoo.No matter what he is doing, he will run near the TV and keep jumping 'bow bow' till the ad is over.
So yesterday when his sister thought it was better to spend time teaching the Lil one from her old picture book than playing outside in the hot sun, Lil dude kept telling 'bow bow' at all the pics.She was fed up and all Lil dude had to do was to give his akka[elder sister] a sweet kiss[ that's the 'ummmmmmah' in the above conversation] and make her get over the frustration he was causing.
He does that to please anyone or to get his way through anything he does. After that 'ummmmah' you just don't have the mind to shout at him!
After this small education session, the duo took a nap and I caught up with my reading with a bowl of this Greek soup.
After a long time I re-read Sidney Sheldon's If Tomorrow Comes. I took it down from the box in the attic a few days ago and I have been reading it when I find time.A few pages a day is all that I can manage now.
Coming to the soup,it is of Greek Origin and it goes to the Flavors of Greece event going on here, which is the brain child of Nayna of Simply.food.
This Greek soup pronounced as doh-mah-TOH-soo-pah meh LAH-thee is a tomato and pasta soup that uses soup pasta.Since I could not find small pastas here I used the disc shaped pasta that I had in the pantry.This soup is a filling meal for one or a light meal for two.
Tomato - 2
Celery- 1 stalk
Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
Pasta - a handful
Salt to taste
Grated cheddar cheese
- Chop the tomato, onion,carrot,celery roughly and pressure cook in a little water for 2 hisses.
- Remove from heat and once the pressure releases and the contents are cool, puree .
- Meanwhile cook the pasta and keep aside
- Pour the puree into a pan,add olive oil, oregano, salt and the cooked pasta.
- Heat for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, let it rest for 10 minutes and serve with a generous helping of grated cheese.
- I kept the pasta in a separator vessel with 1 1/2 cups of water above the vegetable container and pressure cooked it along with the vegetables. The pasta was cooked and I just drained and added it to the soup.
- Usually hard salty cheese is used ,but grated cheddar is a good substitute.
- You can also use basil / thyme instead of oregano.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Greek Cuisine, Pasta Recipes, PN, Slurpy soups