I have been relentlessly complaining about the summer heat to anyone who will lend a patient and sympathetic ear. To take on the heat I make juices / milkshakes / smoothies every day for the kids.
One fine day my neighbour came home with this huge papaya fruit and it was from their backyard! I was delighted. It had been ages since I ate papaya. So as a return 'gift' , she went home with half a dozen drumsticks from my backyard.
Though I was tempted to make a smoothie out of this papaya, I settled on a chilled salad as an evening teatime treat. I just put together the ingredients that I had and it turned out excellent.
It had a little sourness from the lemon juice,
sweetness from honey and the occasional chilli flake mellowed down both
these tastes. The crunch from the nuts and the soft fruit cubes were contrasting yet perfect together ....
Roughly chopped almonds, roasted cashews, Pistachio nuts
Lemon juice , honey, salt , chilli flakes
Mint leaves,Grated coconut
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad.
- Pour the dressing over it and toss lightly and chill for an hour.
- Serve immediately garnished with mint leaves and grated coconut.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27
- I kept this salad in the refrigerator for an hour. The banana did not decolorize.
- Adjust the quantity of the ingredients to suit your taste.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Fun With Fruits