Its been a long time since I made soups at home.I do make soups but nothing fancy.Its the usual carrot / beet soup.When I wanted to prepare something with fresh peas which happens to be the ingredient that I chose for this week's theme of Blogging Marathon, the first thing that came to my mind was a simple peas soup, something that was very easy to prepare. But then there would be nothing fancy about it.
Who would want to read a boring post about a simple soup that is very common?So I searched and searched and saw this Italian soup recipe that I thought was ' fancier' than the regular pureed peas soup and made it for breakfast a few days back.
The original Italian version uses pancetta [Italian Bacon] that is fried along with the onion. I skipped that. The pasta in the soup makes it very filling and I will be making this again....
Blogging Marathon # 26
Theme - One Ingredient three ways [Soup , Rice , Snacks]
Today's theme - Soup
Minstra di Pasta e Piselli
Adapted from Arugula Files
Fresh peas - 1/4 cup
Conchiglie / Shell Shaped Pasta - 1/4 cup
Onion-1, finely chopped
Dried Oregano -1/4 teaspoon
Seasoning cube - 1
Grated cheese - 5 tablespoons
Chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
Butter- 1 teaspoon
- Melt butter in a pan and add the onion.Saute till it is soft.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to the pan and bring to boil.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, add the seasoning cube and pasta
- Cook till the pasta is 3/4th done
- Add the peas and mix well.Cook till peas are soft but not mushy and pasta is al dente.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of cheese and remove from heat.
- Serve hot / warm garnished with chili flakes and the remaining cheese.
- You can use vegetable stock instead of water.
- Olive oil can be used instead of butter.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Eggless Bakin Group, Italian Cuisine, Pasta Recipes, PN, Slurpy soups