Green peas can be included in the meal in several ways.
While I was thinking of some ways to prepare a snack with peas, I thought of
making a snack uthappam with different topping.I experimented with the idea and
it was well received with the kids.
Theme - One Ingredient three ways [Soup , Rice , Snacks]
Idli / dosa batter – 2 cups
Idli milagai podi or any lentil spice mix
- Blend the peas coarsely and mix it with the batter
- Add cumin seeds, check for salt.If needed add some.
- Check the batter consistency.Add water if it is too thick
- Heat a griddle and pour a small ladle full of batter and
spread lightly. Uthapam should be thicker than the dosas.
- Drizzle a little oil around the sides. Flip it over once the
edges brown a bit and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with sambar / chutney
To prepare it with topping,
spread the batter and cook as above. Before removing the utappam from the griddle,
spread the grated carrot over the top and sprinkle idli milagai podi and gently
pat it down so that the topping does not fall off.Cover and cook for a couple
of minutes and serve hot.
For cheese topping, follow the above method. Sprinkle grated
cheese and chaat masala and remove from heat .Serve hot. You can also cover and
cook this for a couple of seconds for the cheese to melt and then serve.
Lil dude preferred the plain one.Lil Angel loved the
cheese-chaat combo and the carrot one was eaten without any comment....
Sending this to Priya's Healthy Me & Healthy Us Event
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Dosa Varieties, Eggless Bakin Group, Green Peas, KLBDosa, Morning Raga, SI, Snack Bar, Tamil Nadu Cuisine, Vegan varieties