Today being the third day of Cooking From Restaurant Menu for Week #4 of Blogging Marathon 24 , I chose Cheese Peas Curry from the India House Vegetarian Restaurant menu card.
As I said earlier, the restaurant dishes are creamy and I made this gravy rich and creamy by adding cashew paste and ghee is used to get a richer taste. I made this in the pressure cooker to reduce the cooking time.
I used :
Fresh paneer - prepared from 1 liter milk, cut into cubes
Peas- 100 grams
Tomato puree from 4 tomato
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Cashew paste from 10 cashews
Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Garam masala 1+ 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds -1 teaspoon
Kasuri methi - 1 teaspoon, lightly roasted
Milk- 1 cup
Ghee - 2 teaspoons
Fresh cream - 2 teaspoons
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Pan roast the panner cubes till golden brown on all side.[ You can also deep fry it if you prefer. In that case,dip the fried panner in a bowl of water for a few seconds and squeeze out the water gently and use.]
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.Add the cumin seeds.
- When it splutters, put in the grated onion and ginger garlic paste
- Saute till the onion turns brown.
- Add the cashew paste and mix well.
- Put in the tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala,salt and cook till the masala emits ghee
- Add milk and simmer.
- Put in the peas and fried paneer. Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- When pressure releases,check for the consistency.Add water / milk if needed to get the gravy consistency.
- Simmer and add roasted kasuri methi and sprinkle garam masala
Remove from heat and serve garnished with fresh cream and coriander leaves
- If the paneer is fresh, it will crumble while cooking.Dust the cubes with corn flour / rice flour and then fry.
- Can be made low fat by replacing with low fat paneer,low fat milk and omitting the cream.
|Chapathi with Shahi Mutter Panner |
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#24