Coin Dosa | Kid's Lunch Box Recipe

Rice dishes are the ones that Lil Angel loves to take to school.But some time when I am pressed for time [ read- Lil Dude awake all night and me sleepy eyed in the morning with almost nil energy ...],I pack idli / dosa for her lunch box.

One day she came home with the dosa still sitting in the lunch box just the way I had sent it. Teary eyed she explained that the dosa was not what she wanted to lunch and it was not soft. Yes, the dosa had turned a little dry even though I had packed it in a hot pack.

A few days later I sent this coin dosa and she fell in love with it!!! I prepared small tiny dosas and smeared it with ghee and idli milagai podi. The dosas were spongy, more like uthappam, and very tasty too. Goes well with a simple chutney.




Coin dosa is very easy to prepare. All you need is some Idli / Dosa batter,a little Ghee and some idli milagai podi

Heat a griddle and drop spoon fulls of batter on it.Make small circles with the back of the spoon. Cook on both sides like you would prepare  uthappam . Smear ghee on both sides as soon it is taken off the griddle.In a cup mix idli milagai podi and oil. Spread it on one side of the coin dosa. Pack it off with some chutney .....





Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#24

I will be back with yet another lunch box recipe tomorrow...

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , ,