Happy New Year dear friends...
May this New Year be filled with all that is
beautiful in life...
Today is a day for celebrations. Not only is it the dawn of
a brand new year, today also happens to be my blogs birthday. Around this time
in 2008, I sat down to write my first
blog post. I was not sure how long I would be able to go on with this but it was
really exciting. I was eagerly expecting the arrival of Lil Angel and I remember thinking if the blog would stand the test of time. But 5 years
[and 2 kids ] later, I still have the same amount of excitement and enthusiasm
as I did on the day I published the first post.All these years, it was possible to carry on because of you.
A huge THANK YOU for support and wishes.
To celebrate this special day, a simple kheer from my
kitchen.It has become a sort of tradition to celebrate the New Year and Blog
Anniversary with a dessert and this time I opted for this quick dish.
Sugar – ¼ cup, adjust to taste
Cashew nut bits – to garnish
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the cashews till golden brown
.Drain and keep aside
- In the same pan, put in the beetroot and sauté on medium
flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar and simmer till the beetroot is
- Add more milk if required.Sprinkle the cardamom powder and remove from heat.
- Serve warm . cold garnished with roasted cashews.
- You can cook and grind the beetroot before adding to milk.
- Soak a few cashews / almonds and a teaspoon of poppy seeds for a couple of hours. Grind it to a smooth paste and add to the mixture. The kheer will be extra delicious....
Have a happy and healthy year ahead....
Labels: Beetroot, Diwali Sweets, Payasam, Sweet temptations