This love has continued till date and even now I grab a couple when I but it for Lil Angel who says it is her most favorite biscuit in the whole world!I don't fight with her for the biscuits like I used to with my cousin. When I crave for these biscuits, I simply go and buy a pack and eat a few and save the rest for the Lil one :)
When I saw this biscuit in Divine Taste blog, I knew I had to make it.So I added it to my bookmarks eons ago and comfortably forgot about it. While I was browsing for recipes to present for this BM, I saw this one and tried it out. All of us fell in love with these cuties all over again.
While it was being baked, the power went off unexpectedly and it had to wait inside the oven for a couple of hours before I could bake them again.The click is not so appealing, I know..It looks soft but they were really crisp. I can vouch for its taste.
I was desperate to click a few snaps before the sun went down completely and could not wait for the next day. I was sure these would disappear instantly and I would have to make another batch but neither did I have the time nor was the electricity cooperative...
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Corn flour - 1/4 cup
Vanilla custard powder- 3/4 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
Yogurt- 2 tablespoons
Mixed fruit jam
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Microwave the jam with 1/2 a teaspoon of water if it is too thick.Keep aside
- Cream butter and powder till fluffy. I pulsed them in the smallest jar of the mixie for a few minutes.
- Add the 3 flours to this and mix well.
- Stir in the yogurt and mix well to form a smooth ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out into 5mm sheet and cut with a cookie cutter. Make a small depression in the center with your finger,but not too deep.
- Fill the impression with jam.Do not overdo the jam as it will run out of the depression while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till done.Initially the biscuits were very soft after 15 minutes. But on cooling they became crisp.So do not be tempted to over bake them.
Hop over to the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14