Once in a while it is nice to indulge in a craving. The best thing food craving changes with the season and also my mood. Last week I suddenly craved for some Chapathi with okra curry. While the rest of the family had a regular South Indian meal,I relished this one...
There are many who hate okra for its sliminess. If prepared in the right way, there will be no trace of the sliminess and the taste is bound to capture you....
Okra / Bindi / Ladies Finger - 250 grams
Onion- 2, medium sized, chopped
Red chillies- 2, broken into bits
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Rice flour - 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves a few
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Wash and trim the ends of the ladies finger. Pat dry them and spread on a kitchen towel and wait till there is no trace of moisture.
- Cut the okra into small pieces. Wipe off the slime on the knife from time to time.Keep the chopped okra aside .
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, cumin, red chillies, and curry leaves.
- Once the mustard splutters, add the onion and saute till soft.
- Put in the chopped okra , turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes sprinkle the rice flour and mix well. If there is any sliminess, the rice flour will take care of it.
- Keep stirring once in a while till the okra is cooked
- Remove from heat and serve as a side dish with roti / rice.
Labels: Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Vegan varieties