Poori is Lil Angel’s favorite dish. So you will find a variety
of poori recipes in this blog. Adding to that list is this Ragi Poori....
At first I was a little hesitant if she would like it . The dark
color may not appeal kids and hence my worry. But once I served these puffed up
poori’s with Potato – Peas Kurma , it disappeared within minutes and there was
a demand for more!!
Ajwain seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Take all the ingredients for the dough in a bowl. Add water little
by little and knead to a stiff dough.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Pinch out small balls from the dough and roll out into small
circles.Dust a little wheat flour if needed.
- Gently lower the discs into hot oil and lightly press the sides
with a ladle. They will puff up.
- Turn it over and cook for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with a curry of your choice.
This is off to Jagruti's event, Know Your Flours
that I am hosting here with the theme Ragi Flour..
Labels: Bread Basket, Fried Breads, Millet Mania, Morning Raga, Poori Recipes, Ragi, Vegan varieties