Almost 6 months back, I watched a cookery show on TV, where a lady prepared this quick and easy paneer gravy and she said that this dish will surely please the kids. I made a mental note of it and thanks to my memory power,I was able to reproduce it in my kitchen after a long gap.The host had used oil for seasoning and sauteing but I did not use even a drop of it!Microwave oven gave me the joy of preparing the gravy without oil.
I added the cumin seeds while cooking onion and capsicum and there was no difference in taste. The dish tasted great even without oil. I say this because Lil Angel ate it without any complaint.....
So this is my third recipe for Zero Oil Cooking theme for Blogging Marathon #23, Week 3.
I used :
Paneer [prepared from 1 litre milk], cubed
Yogurt- 1.5 cups
Capsicum-1,small,deseeded and chopped
Onion-,1 small , fnely chopped
Turmeric powder- a large pinch
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Kauri methi / dried fenugreek leaves - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- In a microwave safe bowl,put in cumin seeds, onion and capsicum. Sprinkle very little water and microwave ,closed,on medium power for 8 minutes or till the capsicum is almost tender.[Don't add too much water for cooking.]
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, take the yogurt,add salt and beat well.
- Put in the cubed paneer,chilli powder,turmeric powder,mix well and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Add this mixture to the cooked capsicum . Mix well and add more water / beaten yogurt if required.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, closed, on medium power.
- Mix once again, add kasuri methi, check for salt, add if needed and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish with roti/ chapathi.
Lil Angel loves paneer but is not very fond of Capsicum,which was one her favorite veggies until a few months back.Yet in this combo, she ate it without a fuss.
- If the gravy is gets dry while cooking, add more water / beaten curd depending on the consistency that you prefer.
- Garam masala can be added to the yogurt marinade but I did not use it.
- Don't cook in high power / without a lid. The dish will dry out quickly and the paneer will turn rubbery.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Capsicum Recipes, Eggless Bakin Group, Microwave Magic, Paneer, Rotisides, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt