When we used to dine out during our stay in the orient,stir fried green beans was on almost every menu. I used to order it and then I got so bored of eating that. Then I ventured out to try other vegetarian options and the green beans were forgotten.That was until I saw it in Tamy's Blog - 3 sides of Crazy.
For the month of November, I am paired with Tamy for Taste and Create . We have been paired earlier and I prepared this Cream of Tomato Soup earlier.
I wonder how I missed this recipe the last time we were paired!The moment I saw the green beans recipe this time, I decided that this was the one that I was going to cook for Taste and Create.I followed her recipe and added a garnish of toasted sesame seeds, the same way it is served in the orient
Minced garlic – 2 teaspoons
Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon
Toasted sesame seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Mix the sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar. Keep aside.
- Clean and cut the beans to 1” sized pieces
- Cook till just done and immerse in cold water .Drain.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and put in garlic and onion. Cook
till the onion is soft.
- Add the prepared sauce and mix well to coat.
- Cook on medium flame till the sauce is almost absorbed.
- Serve hot garnished with sesame seeds.
Each month,it is fun creating dishes for Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ? Just email Min @ email@example.com with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create....
Labels: * Taste And Create, Dry Veg Curries, Garlic, Goodies from veggies, Sesame Seeds, Touch of the Orient, Vegan varieties