For the final day of Blogging Marathon #23 under the theme - Pakodi Masti, I had prepared a crunchy pakoda but then suddenly I remembered this one in the drafts. Mom had made this several months ago and I had clicked it and forgot about it. This morning, out of the blue this name struck me and so here I am with this recipe.
Pakodas need not always be a snack. They can be added to kadi's like we did in the Punjabi Kadi Pakoda for ICC.And also it can be added to plain yogurt for a quick side dish to go with flavored rice.....
Besan - 1/4 cup
Rice flour - 2 tablespoons
Onion- 1 small, finely chopped
Curry leaves- a few,chopped
Chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder- a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Curd / yogurt- 2 cups
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds -1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - a few
- Whisk the curd with salt and keep aside.The yogurt must be fresh. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- Take all the ingredients for pakoda in a bowl.Add water little by little and prepare the dough for pakoda.
- Heat oil and drop small pieces of it and deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain and keep aside.
- When ready to serve, drop the pakodas into the whisked curd
- Heat oil for seasoning.Put in mustard , cumin and curry leaves.When the mustard crackles, pour over the curd.
- Mix well and serve
- This should not be prepared in advance. Keep everything ready and put everything together just before serving.
- Any type of pakoda can be used for this.
- The pakodas will absorb the yogurt and thicken,so keep some fresh curd ready so that you can mix it in and get the right consistency.
- For a different flavor and texture, grind a tablespoon of coconut, green chilli and a piece of ginger and add to the yogurt.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Eggless Bakin Group, Raita, Rotisides, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt