Pasta is one of our favorites and when I was paired with Corina who blogs at Searching For spice;for this month's edition of Taste and Create, I searched for pasta recipes and found this one which was perfect for our taste buds.A simple , no-fuss dish that can be whipped up at short notice and comes in handy when there are no vegetable around.
Recipe source -Searching For Spice
Pasta - 1 cup
Tomato ,ripe - 2 large, chopped
Onion- 1, small,chopped
Garlic- 2,pods, chopped
Capsicum-1/2 small, chopped
Chilli - 1, chopped
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Grated cheese to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the pack. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile,heat oil in a pan and saute onion, chilli, garlic till the onion is a trasnlucent.
- Add the capsicum and the tomato and cook till the tomato is mushy.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Put in the cooked pasta and mix to coat and the water is absorbed.
- Serve hot garnished with grated cheese.
- The spice level was just right for us. You can increase / decrease the number of chillies used.
- You can also use chilli powder instead of green chillies. Add it along with the tomato and cook till the raw smell goes off and then add water.
Each month,it is fun creating dishes for Taste and Create
...Would you like to join ?
Just email Min @ email@example.com
with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create....
Labels: * Taste And Create, Morning Raga, PN