Italy meets the Indian flavors in today's recipe where I have prepared upma with pasta and added the usual upma seasonings and garnishings....
Macaroni - 1 cup
Mixed vegetables, boiled- 1 cup[ I used beans, carrot, peas]
Ginger- 1" piece, minced
Garlic- 2 pods, finely chopped
Onion- 1, sliced
Tomato - 1, chopped
Curry leaves- a few
Green chillies-2, slit
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Gram dal- 1 teaspoon
Urad dal- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook macaroni according to the instruction on the pack.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard, urad dal, gram dal .
- When the mustard crackles,put in onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies,curry leaves and saute till onion turns light brown.
- Next in goes the tomato and capsicum.Cook till tomato is mushy.
- Put in cooked vegetables, pasta and mix gently
- Let in cook on low flame for the flavors to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve warm garnished with coriander leaves.
Hop over to the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#21