During my school days, we had a neighbor who had 3 kids. One of the kids, a boy, who was almost 5 years my junior, loved upma, espicially the White Rawa one! Everyone used to be amazed. 'How can this boy eat upma with so much enthusiasm'! was the question of every one's mind.His mom used to prepare a huge pan of upma and he used to have it for breakfast , lunch and dinner and demand more the next day!! It was around the same time that I used to hate upma with all my heart and I used to curse the boy for loving that dish......
Italy meets the Indian flavors in today's recipe where I have prepared upma with pasta and added the usual upma seasonings and garnishings....
Macaroni - 1 cup
Mixed vegetables, boiled- 1 cup[ I used beans, carrot, peas]
Ginger- 1" piece, minced
Garlic- 2 pods, finely chopped
Onion- 1, sliced
Tomato - 1, chopped
Curry leaves- a few
Green chillies-2, slit
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Gram dal- 1 teaspoon
Urad dal- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook macaroni according to the instruction on the pack.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard, urad dal, gram dal .
- When the mustard crackles,put in onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies,curry leaves and saute till onion turns light brown.
- Next in goes the tomato and capsicum.Cook till tomato is mushy.
- Put in cooked vegetables, pasta and mix gently
- Let in cook on low flame for the flavors to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve warm garnished with coriander leaves.
Hop over to the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#21
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Morning Raga, Pasta Recipes, PN