Today,while the rest of the family had Dosa,Lil angel wanted her favorite Nutella on toast and I made this simple sandwich for breakfast...
Now that I mentioned sandwich,this post is specially for the Blogging Marathon # 21 which starts today and as you would have guessed by now,I have chosen the theme – Sandwiches and wraps’.
Oats is one of my favorite ingredient and I love to experiment with it. A few days back when I purchased a pack of Quaker oats, I saw 2 recipes on the box.One was a buttermilk recipe and the other was a sandwich recipe. I made a mental note of the sandwich recipe but half of the recipe faded from my memory as soon as I threw the box away, so this is my interpretation of that dish...
The oats Veggie sandwich that I am posting today belongs to the 'open sandwich' category.This type of sandwich is supposed to have originated somewhere around the 6th - 16th centuries.Open sandwiches are also known by the names - Open faced sandwich, Ulrich Sandwich, Bread baser , tartine....
Now to the recipe...
Oats - Vegetable Sandwich
Yield - 2 sandwiches
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Category - Healthy breakfast / Bachelor cooking / Quick and easy recipe
Bread - 2 slices
Thick yogurt- 1/4 cup
Quick cooking oats, roasted - 2 tablespoons
Grated carrot - 1 tablespoon
Finely chopped capsicum - 1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves, fimely chopped- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Pepper powder to taste
Mint leaves- to garnish
- Toast the bread slices
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, oats,carrot, capsicum ,salt and pepper power.
- Spread this on the toasted bread and serve immediately garnished with mint leaves.
- Instead of pepper powder, chilli powder, garam masala, etc can be used
- If the mixture is too dry, add more yogurt.Adjust the quantity of ingredients to suit your taste.
- If the curd is a little thin / watery, hang it in a muslin cloth for an hour or so till you get the desired consistency.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#21