Though I have used Palm candy as a sweetener , the portion size is also to be considered before indulging on this healthy dessert.I made this yesterday as a trial and was quite impressed with the result....
I used :
Quick cooking oats - 1 cup
Palm sugar / palm candy, powdered - 1/4 cup [or adjust to taste]
Cardamom powder- a pinch
Fried cashews to garnish
Yellow / orange food color- a pinch dissolved in a little water
- Dissolve the palm candy in a little water,stir well and strain.Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the oats till nice and aromatic.Keep aside.
- In the same pan heat two cups of water and when it comes to a rolling boil, add the roasted oats.
- Keep stirring till it comes together and the oats is cooked.
- Add the palm candy solution, food color and cook till it is absorbed and the mixture becomes quite dry.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with fried cashews.
- If preparing this using sugar, increase the quantity of water by 1/4 cup. Here I dissolved the palm candy in 1/4 cup water.
- This dish tastes best when served warm.As it cools, it tends to become a little sticky. You can reheat it the microwave this kesari for a couple of minutes if serving later.
Check out the post on OATS to read about its health benefits and the tasty dishes that I have prepared with nutritious cereal...