After two days of sandwich, I have a simple wrap recipe for the final day of week 1 in Blogging Marathon #21.I have made use of vegetables and used that as the filling for the multigrain wrap. Lil Angel enjoyed this as an after school snack....
For the wrap
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Buckwheat flour - 1/4 cup
Powdered oats- 1/4 cup
Soya flour- a little less than 1/4 cup
Ajwain / carom seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead to a smooth dough.
- Pinch out small balls and roll out into circles. Dust a little wheat flour if needed.
- Cook on a heated griddle till brown spots appear on both sides.
- Keep aside covered in a kitchen towel until ready to serve.
For the filling
Mixed vegetables - 2 cups [ I used baby corn, carrot, potato,capsicum]
Soya sauce- 1 teaspoon
Garlic- 2 pods,minced
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Cut the vegetables into even sized pieces.
- Pressure cook baby corn,carrot and potato till almost done.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic.
- Saute on high till onion turns light brown.
- Add tomato and capsicum and cook till tomato is soft but not mushy.
- Add the pressure cooked vegetables, salt, soy sauce, chilli powder.
- Lower the heat and mix well .Stir once in a while and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a dish.
Place a portion of the filling in the center of the wrap.Put in a little grated cheese.Bring the sides together and wrap it with a paper towel and serve immediately.
Check out the other wraps recipes here
Hop over to the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#21
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Bread Basket, Goodies from veggies, Miscbf, Snack Bar, Wraps