I love reading food blog.The tempting clicks and the innovative recipes are a great source of inspiration!It is not often that I browse through my own blog.But a few weeks ago, I did browse through my whole blog!I started from the very first post and enjoyed reading my own posts!I re-lived the situation when I created the dishes and it brought back loads of memories.
While I was going through my blog, I noticed that there were very few recipes that was prepared with chocolate.Just two chocolate beverage recipes and a chocolate brownie to be exact.Keeping in mind the theme for this week's- Kid's Delight- Chocolate in Blogging Marathon, I decided to add more chocolateness to the blog.
I took out my cookbooks and found more than two dozen chocolate related recipes ranging from simple chocolate beverages to exoctic desserts. Then I remembered having bookmarked many recipes and thought I will take a look at those too.There too I found many recipes that were too good to pass.
Finally I decided to prepare and post from the bookmarks.Here is the first one from Sala's Veggie Belly .Sala's blog is a wonder place filled with easy to exotic vegetarian recipes.This one is a very easy egg-less pudding which can be made in a jiffy.
Eggless Chocolate PuddingSource :Veggie Belly
I used :
Milk - 2 cups
Unsweetened Cocoa powder -2 tablespoons
Corn flour - 2 tablespoons
Sugar -1/2 cup
Serve chilled , as such or garnished with anything from nuts / fruits / cream.
- Sieve corn flour and cocoa powder and keep aside.
- Heat milk till luke warm.
- Dissolve the corn flour and cocoa powder mixture in the half of the luke warm milk till well blended and there are no lumps.
- Heat the remaining milk and add sugar.
- When the sugar melts, simmer and slowly add the milk-cocoa powder mixture through a sieve to prevent lumps formation.Keep stirring.
- Cook till the pudding is glossy.
- Wet the sides of the serving cup and pour in the prepared pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Check out Sala's post for more tips on this recipe.
Sending this to Vaishali @ Ribbon's to Pasta's, who is hosting Srivalli's Kids Delight event, with the theme - Chocolate
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Sweet temptations