Vaangi bhaath is one of mom's signature recipes.Though I love this dish a lot, it surprised me [and mom] that I have not posted the recipe till now!Wonder how I missed it for so long!!
So when the theme 'Indian basics' was put up for this edition of BM, this was the one that came to my mind. I asked mom for the recipe and she gladly shared it with me....
Chana dal / bengal gram - 1/4 cup
Whole white urad dal - 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds,black - 2 tablespoons
Asafoetida powder - a large pinch
Red chililes- 3
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Use while preparing Vaangi bhaat.This powder stays good for a month.
- Heat a pan and roast the sesame seeds on low heat till you hear the popping sound. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in the asafoetida powder.Put in the chana dal, urad dal,red chilli and roast till the dal turns brown.Remove from heat and cool.
- Grind the sesame seeds,dal mixture to a semi coarse powder.
- Spread out on a plate for a few minutes to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tomorrow I will be back with a tasty recipe.Be sure to drop by....
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Magic Masalas