My love for different kids of raita is obvious from the fact that I have almost 15 varieties of raita in this blog and a lot more pending to be put up.A few days back when I made this delicious Sambar Sadham, I paired it with a refreshing mint raita.Sambar sadham, a one pot meal of rice , lentils,and vegetables in a delectable blend of slices, cooling raita and crispies were an absolute delight for lunch....
Mint leaves - a handful
Green chilli - 1
Coconut,grated- 1 tablespoon
Fresh yogurt - 2 cups
Chilli powder -less than 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Whisk the yogurt with salt and chilli powder
- Grind the mint leaves with coconut and green chilli to a smooth paste.[Use very little water to grind]
- Add this paste to the yogurt and mix well.
Serve with a flavored rice of your choice.....
- Increase of decrease the quantity of mint leaves
- You can also add cumin powder while whisking the yogurt with salt.
- Chilli powder is optional
- A little bit of coriander leaves can also be added while grinding the mint leaves.
Labels: Cooking with herbs / flowers, Herbs, Raita, Rotisides, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt