Soups are one of the best ways to cheer you up the weather outside is miserable. Folks at home love soups on a cold day and I made this spinach soup that Lil Angel enjoyed and even asked for a second helping!!!
My earlier version of the spinach soup was inspired by Harry Potter's Art of Transfiguration.This time it was different and there I took no help from my dear friend,Harry Potter....
Spinach leaves - 1 bunch.[Use only the leaves and leave out the stalk]
Onion-1,peeled and chopped
Potato- 1 ,small,peeled and chopped finely
Vegetable stock- 200 ml
Fresh yogurt- 1 tablespoon
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion and garlic till soft.
- Add potato and cook for a minute
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer till the potato is cooked.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook till it wilts.
- Remove the pan from heat and cool.
- Blend the mixture to a fine puree and return to heat.Add water / vegetable stock to get the desired consistency.
- When it starts boiling remove from heat
- Add salt and pepper and serve hot with a swirl of yogurt
Sending this to Pradnya who is hosting Kid's delight -Warm foods to beat the rain , an event started by Srivalli...
- I chopped the potato finely in order to reduce the cooking time
- You can use cream to serve instead of yogurt.Yogurt is Lil Angel's favorite so used it in this recipe.s
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#18
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Slurpy soups, Vegan varieties