The other day, mom had cooked rice enough for the three of us but then Lil Angel wanted to have Pizza for lunch.Since it was vacation time, I let her have it .Actually, I was tempted myself ! I gave in to the temptation and had a few slices of pizza and a samosa as well a cup of coffee. I was so full that I could not even think of lunch.Hence there was a portion of rice leftover which mom turned into sundried crisps . Her version is different from MIL's version
Left over rice
Onion, finely chopped
Salt to taste
- Add some warm water to the rice and mash it well. [The mixture should not be too watery.You should be able to make small sized balls out this mixture.]
- Put in onion and salt.Mix well.
- Spread out plastic sheets in a sunny area.
- Form small balls and flatten slightly.
- Lay them out to dry for a couple of days
- Once they are completely dry, store in an an air tight container
- The quantity of ingredients can be adjusted to your taste.For 2 soup bowl full of rice we used 1 large onion and a teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Since the procedure is somewhat similar to Sundried Pressed rice crisps I have not elaborated it here.Follow the same method of making balls,flattening them and drying as in the Sundried Pressed rice crisps
- You can use fresh / leftover rice for this.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#17