So here is the brand new pic for the tasty and our favorite recipe.A few days back we had this with Punjabi Aloo Anardhana Kulcha
Here is the recipe that I adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe...
Rajma- One and a half cups
Tomato Puree- 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 teaspoons
- Soak the rajma overnight.Drain and pressure cook with enough water till soft but not mushy.Retain the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in onion and bay leaves
- When the onion is translucent,add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add Tomato puree and mix well.
- Next put in garam masala,coriander powder,cumin powder,red chilli powder,salt and mix well.Cook till oil oozes out from the masala mixture.
- Put in the cooked rajma and the water used to cook it.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.Goes well with Chapathi / steamed rice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#17