Quick cooking oats - 1/4 cup
Toor dhal-1 cup
Moong dhal-1/4 cup
Pepper corns-1 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder - a pinch
Red chillies-4 [adjust to taste]
Garlic powder - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
- Dry roast oats for a few minutes on low flame till light brown.Keep aside.
- Dry roast the other ingredients except salt and garlic powder till golden brown in color. Take care as the pepper corns might splutter.
- Cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Spread it out on a plate for sometime if it gets heated during grinding process.
- Add salt,garlic powder, mix well and store in an airtight container.
Drizzle a little sesame oil over piping hot rice,add a few teaspoons of this spice mix. Mix well and enjoy....
You can increase / decrease the amount of garlic powder to suit your taste.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#16