- Ginger is said to protect us against stroke and heart attack since it has the ability to avoid blood clotting.
- Relives headache and body pain
- Good for upset stomach and digestion
- Clears sore throat and is good for flus and cough
I love to mix this chutney with steamed rice drizzled with a little sesame oil and dunk a morsel into a bowl of piping hot rasam.....
I used :
Ginger - 3" piece , peeled and chopped
Urad dal - 2 tablespoons
Channa dal - 3 tablespoons
Pepper corns - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil -1 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger pieces.Saute for a few minutes till they shrink and give out a wonderful aroma.Drain from the oil and keep aside.
- Into the same pan, put in the urad dal,,channa dal and peppercorns. Roast till the dal turns brown.
- When the dal cools, grind to a fine paste along with ginger and salt. Add a little water for grinding.
- Remove into a serving dish.
Serve with piping hot steamed rice.....
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#16