Ginger chutney is one of our favorite chutney to go with steamed rice. Ginger is full of medicinal value...
With such medicinal properties, it is good to include it in our diet once in a while..
- Ginger is said to protect us against stroke and heart attack since it has the ability to avoid blood clotting.
- Relives headache and body pain
- Good for upset stomach and digestion
- Clears sore throat and is good for flus and cough
I love to mix this chutney with steamed rice drizzled with a little sesame oil and dunk a morsel into a bowl of piping hot rasam.....
I used :
Ginger - 3" piece , peeled and chopped
Urad dal - 2 tablespoons
Channa dal - 3 tablespoons
Pepper corns - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil -1 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger pieces.Saute for a few minutes till they shrink and give out a wonderful aroma.Drain from the oil and keep aside.
- Into the same pan, put in the urad dal,,channa dal and peppercorns. Roast till the dal turns brown.
- When the dal cools, grind to a fine paste along with ginger and salt. Add a little water for grinding.
- Remove into a serving dish.
Serve with piping hot steamed rice.....
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#16
Labels: Blogging Marathon, tiffinsides, Whoz on my side