The taste was quite different from what I expected.Yet, it tasted great. Loved the combo of coriander seeds and sesame seeds....
Coriander seeds- 2 teaspoons
Sesame seeds -2 teaspoons
Dry Red chilli -1
Thick tamarind extract -1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder- a pinch
Curry leaves- a few
- Peel and chop the carrot into chunks.
- Pressure cook with a little water for 1 whistle. Keep aside to cool.Alternatively you can cook it in the microwave too.
- In a pan dry roast coriander seeds, sesame seeds and red chillies till they turn light brown.
- Cool and powder.
- To this add the cooked carrot,tamarind paste and salt.Grind to a semi coarse paste.Transfer into a bowl.
- Heat oil for seasoning,add the ingredients mentioned under 'seasoning', except curry leaves
- When the dal turns brown ,add curry leaves and pour over the chutney.
We had this with crispy dosa...
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#16