This one is a super easy body coolant. This is nothing but buttermilk that is seasoned and garnished with coriander and curry leaves.
In many places in South India, 'Neer More Pandhals' are set up during summer. This pandhal is usually a thatched stall that distributes free buttermilk to one and all.
This can be easily prepared at home too....
Yogurt -1 curd
Ginger -1 " piece ,minced
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Mustard - 1 teaspoon
Green chiili- 2 ,slit and seeds removed
Asafetida- a pinch
Curry leaves - a few
Coriander leaves - a few
- In a large vessel take yogurt, salt and around 3 cups water. Churn with a wooden maththu / hand churner[seen in the click]. Or beat it in a mixie jar.
- Heat oil for seasoning and put in asafetida and mustard and green chiliies.
- When the mustard crackles, pour into the buttermilk.
- Add the ginger and garnish with chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- It tastes best if it sits for sometime before serving as the flavors blend during that time.
- This is called neer more because of its consistency. [Neer - Water / watery].So the quantity of water added is more than what we add for preparing regular buttermilk
- If you like you can add curry leaves with the seasonings.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Cool Comforts, Yogurt based Coolers, Yumm Yoghurt