It is a boon to have a few dosa recipes that need no fermentation. Living in a land where batter refuses to rise taught me to try out different combinations that can be used to make instant dosas. In that line, here is another one that mom had seen on some TV show and suggested we try it for the Blogging marathon.
I was skeptical but mom was sure it would be nice.Urad dal is not used ,instead the okra lends the softness to the dosa. It is prepared like rawa dosa and tasted different though I expected it to have a tinge of okra taste.
Idli rice - 1 cup
Raw rice - 1 cup
Okra - 5, trimmed and chopped
Green chillies -2, chopped
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Serve hot with sambar / chutney.
- Soak rice for a couple of hours.Rinse and drain the water.
- Grind the rice,green chilli,chopped okra to a smooth batter adding water. The batter should be watery like rawa dosa batter.
- Heat oil in a small pan and put in mustard and cumin seeds.When they splutter put in the curry leaves.Remove from heat and pour into the batter.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a griddle.Take a ladle full of batter and start pouring it in a circle from the edge to the center.Do not spread the batter with the ladle and do not fill the small gaps.
- Drizzle a little oil around the edges.Cook till it turns crispy and the edges leaves the griddle.
- Gently flip it over and cook for a couple of minutes and remove from heat
Hop over to the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Dosa Varieties, Goodies from veggies, Morning Raga, SI, Vegan varieties