It was very moist and was an instant hit with my parents. Lil Angel was skeptical to try it out at first and then the next day she liked it too :)
Recipe source - Yummy Tummy
All purpose flour - 1 cup + extra for dusting cherries
Glazed cherries- 1/2 cup, chopped
Sugar - 1/2 a cup
Condensed milk - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Oil- 1/2 cup
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda -/12 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Toss the chopped cherries in all purpose flour till it it coated well and keep aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat the oil and sugar.[ I blended it in my mixer for a couple of minutes.]
- Take this in a bowl and add milk , condensed milk and mix well.
- Add this slowly to the flour.
- Mix in the cherries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for 40 minutes. [Oven timings may vary, bake till a tooth prick comes out clean]
- Cool on a wire rack and cut and serve...
The original recipe used tutti frutti. You can use it instead of glazed cherries.
Hop over to the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14