Today's post for Blogging Marathon #13 is a simple rice dish. Diet in the postpartum period has to be subtly flavored. Strong flavors are not suited for the mother as well as the infant. This rice fits the bill perfectly. It is also easy to prepare and provides the nutrients as well.
Paneer- 150 grams,cubed
Cooked rice - 1 bowlful
Capsicum- 1/2 a small one, sliced
Onion- 1, sliced
Garlic- 2 pods, grated
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Freshly ground pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds.
- When it splutters add the paneer cubes and let it brown on the sides. Toss gently so that the cubes don not break.
- Next in goes onion,garlic,capsicum,salt and saute till the capsicum is almost done.
- Put in the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add the pepper powder,mix well and cover and cook on low flame for a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat and serve hot....
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13
- Usually left over rice is not served to the new mother.So use freshly steamed rice.
- Instead of ready made pepper powder, freshly ground pepper powder gives a better flavor to the dish.
Earlier in this series of 'Postpartum Diet' that is a part of Blogging Marathon #13-
PostPartum period - An Introduction
Nutritional need in Postpartum Period
Manathakkali Vatral Podi
Paneer Ajwain Paratha and Vegetable Dal
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Capsicum Recipes, KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice