For this months edition of Taste and Create I was paired with Jennifer Sikora who writes at For Such A Time As This.Her blog features recipes,thoughts on life,book reviews,homeschooling and much more.
The recipe I chose from her blog is this simple yet delicious soup.I have made very few changes in the original recipe,like replacing toasted croutons for bacon. The soup was indeed delicious and warming....
Recipe Source:For Such A Time As This
Potato - 3,large,peeled and cubed
Onion- 1, peeled and roughly chopped
Vegetable stock- 3 cups
Corn flour - 2 teaspoons
Milk- 1/2 cup
Toasted croutons - a few
Salt and pepper to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Pressure cook potato and onion with half the vegetable stock for 10 minutes or till potato is soft.
- Once the pressure releases, puree the potato and onion.
- Heat this mixture in a pan and add the remaining vegetable stock.
- Mix cornflour with milk and keep aside.
- When the mixture starts boiling,add the corn flour mixture and let simmer till it boils.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot garnished with croutons and coriander leaves
It is fun creating dishes for Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ? I am sure you will ,after you read this... Taste and Create , started by Nicole, is a food community where we are paired with another blogger and we get to taste and create the recipes from the partner's blog.Got you interested, didn't I? Just email Min @ email@example.com with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create.....
- In the original recipe, the soup is garnished with cheddar cheese.I skipped it.
- Also garnishing it with coriander leaves was my idea.
- Add more vegetable stock / water to get the consistency of your choice.
Sending this soup to Priya's Healthy Diets -Warm Soups event
Labels: * Taste And Create, Potato, Slurpy soups