I finally got an oven. I had been planning to get one exclusively for baking and sometime last month treated myself with a brand new one.I am trying out recipes with it and here is the first one.Earlier I used to bake in my microwave but I always wanted to get one baking oven and finally the day arrived.I was so excited when I tried out the first biscuit in my brand new oven :).
I had bookmarked this recipe from Divya's Easy Cooking.I will not say my biscuits are perfect in shape but I am very happy they turned out very delicious.I just reduced the quantity of sugar and left out vanilla essence.
Recipe Source - Easy Cooking
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Corn flour- 1/2 cup
Icing sugar- a little less than 3/4 cup
Butter,softened - 3/4 cup
Cherries as required
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Sift the all purpose flour, corn flour and icing sugar.
- Cream the butter and add the sifted flour mix a little at a time.The ingredients will come together. If it is dry add a few teaspoons of milk if needed.
- Pinch out small balls and flatten them lightly.
- Make a small indent on the biscuit and top it up with a cherry.
- Place these on a greased baking tray and bake for 20 -25 minutes or till golden brown.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#9
Labels: Cookies, Fun With Fruits, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes