Eggless Cherry Biscuits

I finally got an oven. I had been planning to get one exclusively for baking and sometime last month treated myself with a brand new one.I am trying out recipes with it and here is the first one.Earlier I used to bake in my microwave but I always wanted to get one baking oven and finally the day arrived.I was so excited when I tried out the first biscuit in my brand new oven :).

I had bookmarked this recipe from Divya's Easy Cooking.I will not say my biscuits are perfect in shape but I am very happy they turned out very delicious.I just reduced the quantity of sugar and left out vanilla essence. 



Recipe Source - Easy Cooking

I used:

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Corn flour- 1/2 cup
Icing sugar- a little less than 3/4 cup
Butter,softened - 3/4 cup
Cherries as required


  1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
  2. Sift the all purpose flour, corn flour and icing sugar.
  3. Cream the butter and add the sifted flour mix a little at a time.The ingredients will come together. If it is dry add a few teaspoons of milk if needed.
  4. Pinch out small balls and flatten them lightly.
  5. Make a small indent on the biscuit and top it up with a cherry.
  6. Place these on a greased baking tray and bake for 20 -25 minutes or till golden brown.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#9


Bon Appetit...



.

Labels: , ,