Confectionery Course @ TNAU, Coimbatore - Day 2

Day 2 at the confectionery class was as exciting and promising as Day 1. Today's class started off with the practical training on marshmallows. Even in my wildest dreams, I never expected the process of making this at home to be as simple process!! I will definitely share the recipe with you all once I make it at home. Now with candy thermometer at hand, I am all the more confidant in making these confectionery products in my kitchen.

Here is a gist of what we made today....

What helped the most was the tips that our instructor shared with us and the ways and means to correct faults in the confectionery products.At the end of the day we were given our certificates and the instruction / recipe booklet..

A few clicks taken today....


We made orange and mango candy. While making these at home, we may not have the molds, hence a tray with icing sugar / corn flour / APF is taken.Small depressions are made on the surface and the syrup is poured into them. 


The candy is ready



Home made chocolate being piped into the molds.....



Chocolates unmolded after setting...


 Marzipan dough ready to be shaped into figures of our choice....


 Jujups that we made yesterday were cut today. They were truly awesome...



Marshmallow ready to set...


Marshmallow set and cut after resting for 5 hours. It was better than the ones we get in the store!

That's it for today. The schedule for the next set of classes is not yet put up. In case you are interested drop me a mail and I will get the details for you....

Labels: