No story with this recipe , friends...Just a simple and tasty dish straight out of my kitchen.Here is another dish that can be prepared in the pressure cooker.This means no extra vessels to wash, no need to stand and stir and of course,quick cooking..This gravy goes well with steamed rice as well as with roti / chapathi.
Button mushrooms - 200grams , washed , pat dried and quatered
Onion- 1, chopped
Tomato - 1, chopped
Curry leaves- a few
Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder -1 teaspoon
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Saute with a little oil and grind to a smooth paste with a little water
Pearl onions- 5 numbers
Green chilli - 1
Aniseed- 1/2 teaspoon
Poppy seeds- 1 teaspoons
Cashewnuts- 5 numbers
Ginger- 1" piece
Garlic- 2 cloves
Once the pressure releases,transfer into a serving dish and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and saute onion till translucent
- Put in tomato and cook till soft.
- Add the curry leaves, ground paste, coriander powder, chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture is very dry.
- Put in the mushrooms and add 1/2 cup of water. Take care in this stage as water oozes out of mushrooms while cooking so adding too much water will make the gravy very watery.
- Pressure cook this for 1 whistle or 8- 10 minutes.
- If the gravy becomes watery, cook uncovered for some time till the gravy reaches the desired consistency.
- Instead of cashew/ poppy seeds, grated coconut can be used.
- For a different flavor, garam masala/ sambar powder can be added in step 3
This day That year...
2010 - Chinese fried rice
Labels: Better Half, Misc Rice Sides, Mushroom, Rotisides, Sides for Rice, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side