For this month's edition of Taste and Create, I was paired with Min of Bad Girl's Kitchen. This is the second time were are trying out recipes from each other's blog.I had bookmarked this recipe earlier but found time to make it now.
This carrot soup is really creamy and thick and very filling. The addition of cashew to this soup takes the soup to another level!
Recipe Source:Bad Girl's Kitchen
Carrots - 2 large, peeled and roughly chopped
Ginger - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Cashew,roasted- a handful
Onion- 1 ,peeled and roughly chopped
Garlic-2 pods, minced
Roasted cumin powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Roasted fennel powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
To garnish - Fried ginger julienne
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in onion,ginger and garlic.Saute for a couple of minutes
- Put in the carrots and add 2 cups of water , salt and pressure cook for 2 whistles or till the carrots are soft.
- Cool and puree [with the liquid used to cook it] along with the roasted cashews.
- Transfer the the puree onto a pan and bring the soup to a boil.
- Put in cumin powder, fennel powder, chili powder.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with fried ginger julienne.
- Adjust the quantity of ginger to suit your taste
- Chili powder is not used in the original recipe. I added it to spice it up a little.
- The original recipe uses lemon juice in the last step. I forgot to add it.But the soup tasted delicious.
- Serving the soup with fried ginger is option but it makes the soup visually appealing.
- Butter can be used instead of oil to saute the vegetables.
- The soup I made was very thick[as you can see in the picture]increase the quantity of water for a thinner version of the soup.
I was really satisfied with the soup.This was quite different from my regular version of carrot soup.I had it with a chapathi for dinner.
Taste and Create gives us the opportunity to try out recipes that are totally new and appealing to the palette.
If you are new to this concept, here is an intro about this wonderful event..Taste and Create
, started by Nicole, is a food community where we are paired with another blogger and we get to taste and create the recipes from the partner's blog.Would you like to join us?Then check out how it works
page and register yourself for the next month's edition.Hope to see you in the next months Taste and Create list :)
This Day That Year
- Catch a glimpse of the Kitchen @ Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Kiwi Salsa
Labels: * Taste And Create, Carrot, Slurpy soups, Vegan varieties