In my introductory post on Dried Neem Flowers I had promised to some recipes. Here is the first one- a spice mix that is extremely good for health.
Dried neem flowers - 2 tablespoons
Urad dhal - 1/4 cup
Channa dal - 2 tablespoons
Roasted Sesame seeds- 2 tablespoons
Red chillies- 4 [adjust to taste]
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Ghee - 1teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon ghee in a pan on low flame and put in dried neem flowers.
- Fry till aromatic and remove from heat. Take care not to burn the neem flowers.
- Heat the remaining ghee and put in urad dhal, channa dhal, red chillies, cumin seeds and roast till the dhal turns brown.
- Switch off the flame and immediately add the roasted sesame seeds. Mix well and let it cool.
- Grind the dhal mixture with the neem flowers and salt to a fine powder.
- Spread it on a plate for sometime and store in an airtight container.
Serve this powder over a bed of piping hot rice drizzled with ghee. This can be taken once a week / fortnight as the first dish of the meal.
Labels: Cooking with herbs / flowers, Flowers, Magic Masalas, Neem Flowers, tiffinsides