Another recipe for Reva @ Kaarasaaram who is hosting my event Herbs and Flowers in my platter with the theme - Basil.This is fairly simple yet a very hearty dish of pasta with tomato puree and flavored with basil.I have adapted this from Tarla Dala's website and I have tweaked it a little.
Source : Tarla Dalal
Farfalle pasta - 1 cup
Tomato - 2 large
Garlic- 1 large pod, minced
Onion- 1, chopped
Basil- a handful,finely chopped
Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Butter - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta with a little salt till just done and drain. Rinse with cold water and let it drain till ready to use.
- Blanch tomato and puree.
- Heat a pan with butter and put in onion and garlic. Saute till translucent.
- Put in the tomato puree and bring to boil.
- Add salt , chilli powder, chopped basil leaves.
- After it comes to a rolling boil, add the cooked pasta.Mix well so that the puree coats the pasta.Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot garnished with grated cheese
The tomato basil sauce can be prepared ahead. When ready to serve just re heat the sauce and add the cooked pasta to it.
This also goes to Ramya who is hosting her first event Fusion food - Pasta and to Jayasri who is hosting the 'Only' series with the theme Only Pasta, pizza and noodles, an event started by Pari of Foodelicious
This Day That Year...
2010 - Tomato Dosa
2009 - Easy Potato Curry
Labels: Cooking with herbs / flowers, Flavors from across the border, Herbs, Morning Raga, Pasta Recipes, PN