If you love coconut chutney and looking for ways to make it healthy, here is one that tastes like coconut chutney , is healthy and no one will ever find the difference.
Toasted quick cooking oats - 1/2 a cup
Fried gram dal / pottukadalai - a little less than 1/4 cup
Green chillies - 2
Curry leaves - a handful
Tamarind - a small bit
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1/2 a teaspoon
Urad dal -1/2 a teaspoon
Curry leaves - a few
- Grind together all the ingredients mentioned under ' chutney' to a smooth paste adding a little water.
- Heat oil for seasoning and add the rest of the seasoning ingredients.
- When the mustard pops and the dal turns brown, pour over chutney.
- Mix well and serve as a side dish with idli / dosa.
- Curry leaves lend a nice flavor to the chutney.It is optional
- You can substitute curry leaves with mint leaves / coriander leaves.
Today is the sixth day of BM #6.Check out blogging marathon page to see what my fellow marathoners are cooking this week.
Read more about oats and the delicious recipes that can be prepared with it here
This day That year....
2010 - Vara Kothamalli Thuvaiyal - Coriander seeds Chutney.
2009 - Strawberry Banana Milkshake
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Oats, tiffinsides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side