For this week's theme in blogging marathon I have chosen 'Regional Cuisine' So for the 7 days you will be treated with some simple and easy home made Chinese dishes.
As the first dish in the marathon, I have prepared a spicy version of the ever popular noodles with a yummy garlicky flavor. If you love spicy food and garlic you can never say 'No' to this one.
I used chilli sauce for this recipe and a small quantity was sufficient to bring the fiery taste. Yet it did not turn the dish 'Red' in color which is usually the indicator of spiciness.
Noodles - 1 packet
Garlic - 5 pods, minced
Mixed vegetables,chopped - 1 cup [ I used carrot, purple cabbage, capsicum]
Spring onions - a small bunch
Red chilli sauce - 3/4 teaspoon [ The brand I used is very fiery. Adjust accordingly]
Soya sauce - 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds, black - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
- Boil the noodles according to the instruction on the pack. Rinse under cold water and keep aside.
- Cook carrot till soft. This can be done on a stove top / microwave.
- Chop the spring onion and separate the green and white portions.
- Heat oil in a wok and put in garlic and chopped spring onion whites.
- Saute on high till it is fragrant and just starts to brown.
- Put in capsicum , purple cabbage and saute on high for a minute.They should remain crunchy.[ The same can be done with carrot also.]
- Add the carrot , soya sauce, chilli sauce and mix well.
- Check for salt. If using salted soya sauce, you can skip salt, else add in this step.
- After a few seconds put in the noodles and using a chopstick mix well so that the flavors blend well. [Chopsticks are very comfortable to mix noodles when compared to using a spatula.]
- Cover for a minute on low flame and remove from flame.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and spring onion greens
- Instead of Chilli sauce, you can also use Chilli oil. I will post the recipe soon.
- Add any other vegetable that you like.
- This can also be prepared without any vegetable also. Just spring onion whites and greens in the dish will give it another flavor.
The other Chinese dishes in my blog can be found here
Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me
Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Kaveri, Pavani,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Gayathri, Priya Suresh,
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Harini, Vaishali, Suma, PJ
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special: Kalyani
Summer Coolers: Jayasree, Kamalika, Srivalli
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Garlic, Morning Raga, PN, Touch of the Orient, Vegan varieties