This month Sushma has chosen Prathiba's - The Chef and her Kitchen blog for this month's Tried and Tasted.As you may remember, this event was started by Zlamuska and is now being run by Lakshmi I have already prepared quite a few recipes from Prathiba's blog and this one too joins the list.This recipe makes use of left over bread and is a quick and tasty way to use up the loaf if its been around for too long. A simple side dish of yogurt lightly beaten with a few spice powders makes a wonderful dip.
For Tadka Bread
I used : [The original recipe is here]
Bread slices -10
Onion -1, sliced
Green chillies- 2, chopped
Yogurt - 2 tablespoons
Turmeric powder- a large pinch
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 2 teaspoon
Lemon juice to taste
Salt to taste
Coriander to garnish
Serve with yogurt dip.
- Toast the bread slices till golden brown and cube them. I totally forgot this step!
- Heat a pan with oil and put in mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
- When the mustard crackles, add the finely chopped onion, green chillies and fry the onion till golden brown.
- Put in turmeric, salt, lightly beaten curd and saute for a minute.
- Add the bread cubes and mix well.
- Cook for a few minutes and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for a minute. The tomatoes must not get mushy.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle lemon juice and serve garnished
For Yogurt Dip
Fresh curd- 1 cup, lighly beaten
Red chilli powder - 1/2 a teaspoon
Black pepper powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients together. Chill and serve as a dip
Sending this Tadka break to Srivalli who is celebrating her blog anniversary with Breakfast Mela
This day That year...
2009 - Fruity Yogurt
Labels: Bread Basket, Delights From Leftovers, Ingbread, Morning Raga, Perfect pair, Recipes with Bread, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt