For this month's edition of Taste and Create, I was paired with
Shelby Mae who blogs at The Life and love of Grumpy's Honeybunch.She has a nice blog with a lot of baked goods and of course there are other recipes as well. I had book marked a couple of recipes but this one attracted me a lot and made it for Lil Angel.
Are you wondering what a fork is doing in a cookie photo???The recipe says we get cookies at the end but I got something like a chewy fudge.The taste was great though and we all loved it.Since it was fudgy, I placed a fork for the picture.I had a couple of pieces left and stored it in an air tight container.The next day the fudge had transformed into a cookie!!!! So this is kind of 2 in 1 recipe :)
Now to the recipe.....
The recipe used unsweetened coconut and all I had was coconut flakes [ sweetened].
So I reduced the quantity of sugar a little and used crushed coconut flakes.
I used:Original recipe is here
Quick cooking oats - 2 cups
Butter -75 grams
Cocoa powder - 1 tablespoon
Sugar-3/4 cup [ add more if you want it sweeter]
Milk- 1 cup + a little more if needed
Crunchy peanut butter - 2 tablespoons [You can also use smooth peanut butter]
Coconut flakes, crushed- 1/4 cup
Salt a pinch
You can also drop spoonfuls on a wax paper and wait for it to set.
- Heat milk , cocoa powder, butter, sugar in a pan.Bring it to boil and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat or till you come to a soft ball stage.[Keep a small bowl with water near the stove and after 10 minutes drop a little of this mixture into the water.If the syrup forms a soft ball when dropped into water the mixture is ready.]
- Simmer and quickly add peanut butter, oats and coconut.Mix well.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and the mixture will come together.
- If its too thick add a little more milk and stir to mix.
- Spread on a greased plate and mark squares with a greased knife.
- Let it cool before breaking the squares.
As I mentioned earlier, if you let it sit longer it gets a little harder so that it can be called a cookie.But I don't think it is possible to resist until then :)
Taste and Create is a food community where we are paired with another blogger and we get to taste and create the recipes from the partner's blog.Would you like to join us?Then check out how it works page and register yourself for the next month's edition.Hope to see you in the next months Taste and Create list :)
This also goes to Dr.Sameena's Oats recipe event.
This day That Year...
2010 - Thakkali / Tomato Rasam
2009 - Pheni
Labels: * Taste And Create, Cookies, Oats, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes, Sweet temptations