When I prepared the Microwave Green peas Dhokla, I was not sure how Lil Angel would 'react' to it.She liked it, mainly for the color, I think.Anyways, it was favored by all at home.So my next venture was to prepare the regular dhokla in the microwave.It was met with the same enthusiasm and has become a favorite in our place.
Soft and fluffy dhokla dipped into tangy Tamarind chutney and Coriander mint chutney is such a delight. Since it is prepared in the microwave, it takes just a few minutes to get these soft and fluffy delicacies ready.
Recipe Source - Chef in you
I used :
Besan - 1 cup
Curd / yogurt -a little less than half a cup
Water -a little less than half a cup
Baking soda- 1/4 teaspoon
Green chilli paste -1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Eno fruit salt [Lime flavor] - 1 sachet
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Sesame seeds- 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Green chillies- 1, chopped
Curry leaves a few
Coriander leaves to garnish
A little oil and water to be mixed and topped on the dhokla
- In a blender jar put in besan, turmeric powder, curd and water and run for a couple of minutes to get a lump less batter of dropping consistency.
- Transfer the batter onto a large bowl.
- Add oil, baking soda, salt and green chilli paste.Mix well.
- Dust a little Eno on the greased dish that you are going to use to microwave the dhokla.
- Add the remainder to the batter in the centre.
- Add a teaspoon of water over the eno salt and you will see a lot of bubbles.
- Mix gently and immediately pour into the greased dish sprinkled with Eno salt.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes or till a tooth prick comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 1 minutes and remove form the microwave.
- Top up the dhokla with the oil-water mixture.
- Heat a small pan with oil for tempering and add the sesame seeds, mustard, green chillies, curry leaves.
- Pour this evenly over the dhokla.
- Garnish with grated coconut, coriander leaves.
- When it cools a little, cut into squares and serve with Tamarind chutney and Coriander mint chutney.
- After Eno salt has been added the batter should not rest even for a short time.
- I used a very large shallow dish so the dhoklas are thin.Use a narrow one to get thicker dhoklas
- You can see a layer of red on the surface of the dhoklas.It is the side that was cooked on the surface sprinkled with Eno salt.But there was no change in taste.
- These dhoklas can be savored as such in case there is no time to make the chutneys.
- The original recipes calls for the use of sugar. I skipped it but in case you prefer add 1 teaspoon sugar or adjust to suit your taste.
Check out the wonderful recipes that are being prepared for the blogging marathon...
30 Minutes Meals: Gayathri Anand
Baked Goods: Monika,
For On Going Events: Gayathri Kumar, Usha
Kids Friendly: PJ, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Veena Aravind
Rice Varieties: Champa, Divya, Padma
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Microwave Magic, Snack Bar