After I made the Healthy Oats cake with custard sauce I was tempted to try out another version of that cake.On an impulse I gathered the ingredients and went ahead to bake a microwave cake. This cake which was prepared with a slight change in ingredients was moister than the one I had baked earlier , so I left out the custard sauce.Since its made in the microwave, it took less than 10 minutes from getting the ingredients measured and mixed to getting the cake out of the oven.
As always, the cake that I baked was just sufficient for the three of us to go with our evening tea.
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Oats - 1/4 cup,powdered[Measured 1/4 cup of oats and then powdered]
Brown sugar - 3/4 cup
Banana - 1,roughly chopped
Oil - 1/4 cup
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Mixed nuts -1/2 cup, roughly chopped
Raisins - a handful
- Take all purpose flour, oats,baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Blend the yogurt,half the oil, banana and brown sugar till well blended.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the blended ingredients.
- Mix to combine.If its dry and you feel that you need to add a little more liquid ,add the remaining oil.
- Fold in the nuts and raisins.
- Pour into a greased microwave proof tin and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Let it stand for 1 minute.Remove from the microwave, let it cool a bit before removing the cake from the tin.
- Cut into slices and serve.
The baking time will vary depending on the voltage , quantity of ingredients etc.So set the timing accordingly.
This day That year...
2010 - Farfelle al arrabbiata - Farfelle in a spicy tomato sauce
Labels: Banana, cake, Fun With Fruits, Microwave Magic, Oats, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes