This one was in the week #1 menu. I started a weekly menu plan but now have stopped making one coz my cook does the lunch preparation and I am left in charge of the dinner and breakfast.Will again start menu plans for that but until then I am going to prepare stuffs that I can make easily.
Anyway,I have already posted a Sindhi Bhee curry in my blog earlier..Here is another variation. This delicious gravy goes well with steamed rice as well as with chapathi / roti.
Lotus stem/ root – 1
Peas- 1 cup
Tomato- 2 large
Onion- 1 ,sliced
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder- 1 teaspoon
Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil -1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Clean, peel and chop lotus roots.
2. Puree the tomato and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in mustard and cumin seeds
4. When it crackles add the onion and sauté till the onion is translucent.
5. Add the tomato puree and cook for a minute.
6. Add 2 cups of water and simmer.
7. When it boils add the peas, lotus root, potato. Add the coriander powder,cumin powder and salt.
8. Pressure cook for 10 minutes or till the lotus root is cooked. If it is tender,it will get cooked faster.
9. When the pressure releases, open the lid and add garam masala.Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Goes well with chapathi/ steamed rice
Check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today...Srivalli,Monika, Jayasree , Priya Suresh, Azeema, Priya Srinivasan, Reva ,Ayeesha , Soumya , Veena and Usha
Labels: Better Half, Blogging Marathon, Misc Rice Sides, Sides for Rice, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side