Ginger -200 grams [Use tender ginger to avoid a fibrous pickle.Mine was not so tender.]
Red chilli powder-2 teaspoons
Oil- 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
salt to taste
- Roughly chop the ginger and grind it as smooth as possible.Do not add water.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard and curry leaves
- When it crackles, add the ground ginger and salt.Mix well.
- Cook on medium flame for 15 minutes or till the raw smell goes off.
- Cool completely and transfer to a clean, dry jar.
- Store in the fridge for a longer shelf life.
This pickle goes well with curd rice, Chapathi , porridge.
This Day That Year...
2008 - Five posts in a day!
1. Curry Leaf Powder
2. Curry Leaf flavored Rice
3. My Kitchen Buddies
4. Yiner Hangzao Lianzi Geng - A super healthy Chinese cocoction
5. Hash Browns