We love to have this curry with Roti / as a side dish with steamed rice.I prepare this with ridge gourd / silk squash.
Ridge gourde - 1,large,peeled and cubed
Chilli powder-1 1/2 teaspoons
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Cumin seeds-1/2 a teaspoon
Curry leaves-a few
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard,cumin,curry leaves.
- When the mustard splutters add the onion and saute till transparent
- Put in tomato and cook till mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder,chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,salt and mix well.
- Add the cubed ridge gourd and mix well.
- Add around 1/2 a cup water and cover and cook.
- Stir once in a while to avoid burning.Keep the flame on the medium heat.
- Check if the vegetable is cooked and add water if required.If you need a dry curry reduce the amount of water used.
- Once the vegetable is soft,remove from heat and serve with rice / roti.
This day That year
2009 - Sweet Poha for sweet lil children.
2008 - Coriander chutney to go with breakfast dishes.
Labels: Goodies from veggies, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side