Colors can most certainly brighten up our moods and food too!When I wanted to have a colorful dinner I add some veggies / masala to brighten up the meal.I make this often but its just now that I am able to write about it.
Colorful green parathas are so soft and nutritious that even kids who hate greens will fall in love with it.Its also perfect to pack for their lunch boxes.
I used :
Whole wheat flour -4 cups
Spinach / palak - 1 large bunch
Yogurt / curd - 1/2 a cup
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Serve hot with a side dish of your choice.
- Puree spinach and yogurt without adding water
- In a large bowl,put in wheat flour, salt , cumin seeds.Mix well.
- Add the spinach puree and knead to a soft dough.I don't think you need extra water.But if the puree is not sufficient, you can by all means use water.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Pinch out small balls and roll out into chapathis.Dust a little flour if needed.
- Cook on a heated griddle till brown spots appear on both the side.
Sending this to Akheela who is hosting Complete my thali with roti / chapati / puri etc as the theme ,an event started by Jagruti
This day that year...
2008 - A tasty and nutritious Ridge gourd rice
Labels: Bread Basket, Flatbreads, KLBRoti