Colorful green parathas are so soft and nutritious that even kids who hate greens will fall in love with it.Its also perfect to pack for their lunch boxes.
I used :
Whole wheat flour -4 cups
Spinach / palak - 1 large bunch
Yogurt / curd - 1/2 a cup
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Puree spinach and yogurt without adding water
- In a large bowl,put in wheat flour, salt , cumin seeds.Mix well.
- Add the spinach puree and knead to a soft dough.I don't think you need extra water.But if the puree is not sufficient, you can by all means use water.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Pinch out small balls and roll out into chapathis.Dust a little flour if needed.
- Cook on a heated griddle till brown spots appear on both the side.
Sending this to Akheela who is hosting Complete my thali with roti / chapati / puri etc as the theme ,an event started by Jagruti
This day that year...
2008 - A tasty and nutritious Ridge gourd rice