Before I go on to the recipe,I would like to tell you that I have categorized the sweets and savories in my blog as a Festive Treats section.Do take a look...
Adapted from Khaugiri
Wheat flour-1 cup
Maida/ All purpose flour-1/1/4 cup
Red chilli powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Sesame seeds-1 tablespoon
Hot oil-2 tablespoons
Salt to taste.
Oil for deep frying.
- In a large bowl,combine both the flours,red chilli powder,sesame seeds and salt.Mix well.
- Add hot oil and use a spoon/ladle to mix.
- Slowly add water to make a stiff dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying
- Pinch out golf sized balls and roll out into thin discs.Dust a little flour if needed.
- Using a knife mark thin strips on the rolled out dough.
- Drop them into hot oil and fry till they turn golden.
- Drain and once cooled store in an airtight container.
Also check out Microwave Gol Papdi recipe posted today...
Wishing all my friends and fellow bloggers
A very happy and safe Diwali...